1) Place paper towels between your good china plates to prevent the base of each plate scraping the top surface of the plate below.
2) Use a whole roll of paper towels as a back support (lumbar roll) when driving the car.
3) Drain fried foods on paper towels. The towels absorb the excess fat.
4) Wipe up messes on the floor with paper towels rather than using your dish cloth — it is more hygienic.
5) Paper towels are great for cleaning glass.
6) Cover potatoes or kumara with paper towels before microwaving. The paper towels absorb the steam from the vegetables and help to keep the surfaces dry.
7) Before microwaving bacon on a rack, loosely cover with paper towels to absorb the steam and fat.
8) Always stand breads, rolls muffins or scones on paper towels when reheating in the microwave. The towels absorb the steam.
9) Use paper towels to pat dry lettuce, greens or herbs after washing.
10) Always carry paper towels on picnics for use as napkins.